- Bitcoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. It is the first decentralized, digital currency and has the largest market cap of any digital currency.
- In October 2015 Bitcoin Tracker Euro became the second bitcoin-based security available on a regulated exchange, following its sister product which listed 5 months prior.
- The certificates provide exposure to the performance of the digital currency bitcoin by synthetically tracking performance of the price of bitcoin (BTC/USD) less a fee.
- The BTC/USD market is the most liquid bitcoin market widely available for trading, we regard it as the most suitable underlying index to track in a bitcoin product.
- The certificates are non-equity linked securities traded in the same manner as any share or instrument listed on Nasdaq exchange in Stockholm.
- XBT Provider's prospectus is approved by the Swedish FSA (Finansinspektionen).
- To invest, you need an account, which is obtained through your bank, advisor or online broker.
- Bitcoin is purchased for money received through the sale of certificates which ensures that the certificates are hedged and structured to follow the price of bitcoin.The certificates are guaranteed by Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited.
- The Certificate is denominated in EUR thus here will be a foreign exchange exposure between USD and the EUR which could impact (+/-) the market value and final return from the certificates.
About the underlying asset
- Name Bitcoin Tracker Euro
- Issuer XBT Provider AB (publ)
- ISIN SE0007525332
- Type Certificate
- 1st Trading Day 2015-10-05
- Tracked Asset Bitcoin (BTC/USD)
- Leverage 1:1
- Minimum Investment 1 Share
- Annual fee 2.5%
- Expiry Date Open-ended
- Bloomberg COINXBE:SS
- Nasdaq BITCOIN XBTE
- Yahoo finance BITCOIN-XBTE.ST
- Market maker Mangold Fondkomission AB
- Exchange Nasdaq Stockholm
- Prospectus approved by Swedish FSA
- Clearing house Euroclear Sweden AB *SEK and EUR Only, T+2
- Total Shares Created 2,100,000
Fair Value Calculation
Index Price - Fee
*Fair Value is not indicative of current market price; index sources listed in prospectus
XBT PROVIDER AB: Update Regarding Ongoing Fork PolicyRead More
Crypto Investors Get First Multi-strategy Group Of Investment Products - Coinshares Launches With $300mm In Crypto-assetsRead More
XBT PROVIDER Issues Statement Of Bitcoin Held By XapoRead More
XBT PROVIDER AB Now Part Of The CoinShares GroupRead More
As Professional Investment In Bitcoin Accelerates -- Europe's Exchange Traded Bitcoin Product Grows To Over $100mm In Assets And Announces Custody Agreement With Bitcoin's Biggest Name In Secure Storage: XapoRead More
Uk Investors Can Now Add Bitcoin Exposure To Their Retirement Account Via Hargreaves Lansdown, The Uk's Number One Investment Platform For Private InvestorsRead More
One Of Bitcoin’s Biggest Funds Just Brought On An Etf Industry Power Player: Global Advisors Names Etf Industry Veteran Laurent Kssis Interim Managing Director Of Bitcoin Etn Issuer, Xbt Provider AbRead More
Bitcoin Tracker Eur To Start Trading On Nasdaq Nordic TodayRead More
Thinking of Trading? Common Investor Questions
How Do I Trade?
Bitcoin Tracker One, Bitcoin Tracker Euro, Ether Tracker One and Ether Tracker Euro are traded in the same manner as any share or instrument listed on the Nasdaq exchange in Stockholm. To invest, you need an account, which is obtained through your bank, advisor or online broker. The product is listed on Nasdaq in Stockholm and is traded during normal opening hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:25 (CET), except holidays. More questions? Please contact your advisor, brokerage or bank.
What Backs the Products?
We buy the relevant amount of bitcoin and/or ether upon issuance of a new certificate which ensures that we are always 100% hedged and able to support the outstanding value of the product. This means that our assets (as well as liabilities to Certificate-holders) follow the price of bitcoin and ether. Additionally, the certificates are guaranteed by Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited.
Where Can I Trade?
If your current advisor, broker or bank is unable to help, you can contact Mangold Fondkommission. Mangold Fondkommission is a Stockholm based Brokerage and Investment bank. As a member of Nasdaq (Stockholm) the company assists XBTProvider with clearing services and acts as a liquidity provider for our products. To open an account or for general inquiries please call +46 8 50301550 or visit http://www.mangold.se.
Ready to start trading?
Click here for access to all product fact-sheets.
Gain access to our bi-weekly mailing with product news and investor insights.
Sign-up For Mail:Subscribe