- Bitcoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. It is the first decentralized, digital currency and has the largest market cap of any digital currency.
- In 2015, Bitcoin Tracker One became the first bitcoin-based security available on a regulated exchange when it listed on NASDAQ/OMX in Stockholm.
- The certificates provide exposure to the performance of the digital currency bitcoin by synthetically tracking performance of the price of bitcoin (BTC/USD) less a fee.
- The BTC/USD market is the most liquid bitcoin market widely available for trading, we regard it as the most suitable underlying index to track in a bitcoin product.
- The certificates are non-equity linked securities traded in the same manner as any share or instrument listed on Nasdaq exchange in Stockholm.
- XBT Provider's prospectus is approved by the Swedish FSA (Finansinspektionen).
- To invest, you need an account, which is obtained through your bank, advisor or online broker.
- Bitcoin is purchased for money received through the sale of certificates which ensures that the certificates are hedged and structured to follow the price of bitcoin.The certificates are guaranteed by Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited.
- The Certificate is denominated in SEK thus here will be a foreign exchange exposure between USD and the SEK which could impact (+/-) the market value and final return from the certificates.
Key Product Facts
- Name Bitcoin Tracker One
- Issuer XBT Provider AB (publ)
- ISIN SE0007126024
- Type Certificate
- 1st Trading Day 2015-05-18
- Tracked Asset Bitcoin (BTC/USD)
- Leverage 1:1
- Minimum Investment 1 Share
- Annual fee 2.5%
- Expiry Date Open-ended
- Bloomberg COINXBT:SS
- Nasdaq BITCOIN XBT
- Yahoo finance BITCOIN-XBT.ST
- Market Maker Mangold Fondkomission AB
- Exchange Nasdaq Stockholm
- Prospectus Approved by Swedish FSA
- Clearing house Euroclear Sweden AB *SEK and EUR Only, T+2
- Total Shares Created 20,000,000
Fair Value Calculation
Index Price - Fee
*Fair Value is not indicative of current market price; index sources listed in prospectus
Crypto Investors Get First Multi-strategy Group Of Investment Products - Coinshares Launches With $300mm In Crypto-assetsRead More
As Professional Investment In Bitcoin Accelerates -- Europe's Exchange Traded Bitcoin Product Grows To Over $100mm In Assets And Announces Custody Agreement With Bitcoin's Biggest Name In Secure Storage: XapoRead More
Bitcoin Tracker One Changes Regarding Underlying ExchangesRead More
Bitcoin Tracker One Now Available Via Bloomberg TerminalsRead More
First Bitcoin Security Rises On Market Debut In StockholmRead More
Bitcoin Just Reached Another Milestone In Its Road To LegitimacyRead More
Thinking of Trading? Common Investor Questions
How Do I Trade?
The tracking ETPs are traded in the same manner as any share or instrument listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (in the case of BTC and ETH), or the Nordic Growth Market (in the case of LTC and XRP). To invest, you need an account, which is obtained through your bank, advisor or online broker. The products are traded during normal opening hours except holidays (NGM). More questions? Please contact your advisor, brokerage or bank.
What Backs the Products?
We buy the relevant amount of bitcoin, ether, litecoin or XRP upon issuance of a new certificate which ensures that we are always 100% hedged and able to support the outstanding value of the product. This means that our assets (as well as liabilities to Certificate-holders) follow the price of bitcoin and ether. Additionally, the certificates are guaranteed by CoinShares (Jersey) Limited.
Where Can I Trade?
If your current advisor, broker or bank is unable to help, you can contact Mangold Fondkommission. Mangold Fondkommission is a Stockholm based Brokerage and Investment bank. As a member of the exchanges, the company assists XBTProvider with clearing services and acts as a liquidity provider for our products. To open an account or for general inquiries please call +46 8 50301550 or visit http://www.mangold.se.
Ready to start trading?
Click here for access to all product fact-sheets.
Gain access to our mailing with product news and investor insights.
Sign-up For Mail:Subscribe